We are hiring research assistant professors and PostDocs. We are also looking for PhD students with strong academic background in Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Programming Languages, or Formal Methods. Please send me an email (with your CV).
Yuqun Zhang is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Southern University of Science and Technology. Dr. Zhang got his B.S. in Communication Engineering from Tianjin University (China) in 2008, and M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Rochester in 2010. He got his Ph.D. in Dec. 2016 from the Electrical & Computer Engineering Department at The University of Texas at Austin. He was very fortunate to work under the supervision of Prof. Dewayne Perry.
- One research paper on Program Pre-trained models is accepted to ISSTA'22. Congratulations to Zhengran and Hanzhuo!
- Three research papers on binary fuzzing and JVM testing are accepted to ICSE'22. Congratulations to Mingyuan, Ling, and Jiahong!
- One research paper on just-in-time defect prediction is accepted to ISSTA'21. This paper is also nominated for ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award. Congratulations to Zhengran!
- One research paper on memory isolation on autonomous systems is accepted to DAC'21.
- One research paper on architectring IOT with Blockchain is accepted to ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM'21). Congratulations to Paola!
- One research paper on task mapping on heterogeneous CPU/GPU platforms is accepted to Journal of Systems Architecture (JSA'21). Congratulations to Zexin!
- One research paper on empirical study on microservice development is accepted to ICSE Workshop'21. Congratulations to Francisco!
- Two research papers on GPU program testing and autonomous driving testing are accepted to ICSE'20. Congratulations to Mingyuan, Yicheng, Husheng, and Wei!
- One research paper on code summarization is accepted to IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE'20). Congratulations to Wenhua!
- One NSFC Young Scientist grant is received.
- One research paper on bug repair is accepted to ASE'19. Congratulations to Mingyuan!
- One research paper on real-time system scheduling is accepted to IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS'19).
- Our DeepFL work won the ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Awards at ISSTA'19. Congratulations to Xia and Wei!
- One research paper on applying deep learning for fault localization is accepted to ISSTA'19. Congratulations to Xia and Wei!
- One research paper is accepted to TSE'19. Congratulations to Mengshi, Yaoxian, Xia, and Lingchao!
- One research paper on autonomous driving testing is accepted to ASE'18. Congratulations to Mengshi!
I am passionate about building practical software testing, analysis, and debugging systems to predict, detect, diagnose, and fix bugs for all kinds of software systems.
Here are some recent fun projects/problems that we have worked on:
- Fuzzing [ICSE'20]: how can we automatically generate structured tests for exposing program bugs in real-world projects?
- Automated Program Transformation/Repair [ASE'19]: how can we automatically infer potential software patches and efficiently explore them to fix real-world bugs?
- Practical Failure Prediction/Diagnosis [ISSTA'19, TSE'19, ISSTA'21]: how can we predict program defect or precisely identify the root causes for buggy software systems in production?
- AI for SE [TSE'20]: how can we leverage state-of-the-art machine learning/deep learning models for software engineering tasks?
- SE for AI [ICSE'20b, ASE'18]: how can we design advanced testing and debugging techniques to detect, localize, and fix bugs for DNN models, libraries, frameworks, and even platform supports?
- Hiking, Music, Reading...